Sell the house already . . . Post Judgment Relief

Common scenario is that one of the divorcing spouses gets the former marital home in the divorce.  All she or he has to do to keep it is re-finance- usually within a year or two – to remove their former spouses’ name from the mortgage.  Not complicated – not difficult – until that is the in-home spouse neglects/forgets/refuses to re-finance.  In a recent unpublished decision in the Chancery Division – Ocean County, Judge Lawrence Jones granted the former husband’s application for post judgment relief, and ordered the former wife to sell the house to pay off the mortgage, and to appoint him as her attorney in fact to market and sell the house.   See LH v. DH unpublished (Docket no 20-4-8482) but available from the Rutgers Law Library

Feel free to contact the Law office of Helen Glass, should you have post judgment issues.   My 30 + years of experience can be put to work for you.